Saturday, June 27, 2015

Headed to #ISTE2015!

I’m on my way to Philly for ISTE and I’m so excited for the chance to meet up with colleagues and learn from others.  I’ve got a pretty busy week planned, but purposely scheduled time for “down time” this year instead of just trying to go-go-go.  If you are there, I hope to get to meet up with you and collaborate. 

On Sunday, I’ll be at the TeachMeet all day.  I’ve never been to a TeachMeet, but I’ve been told it’s like a pre-planned EdCamp.  It also looks like there is a lot of time for informal collaboration, which I am excited about.

On Monday, I’ll be leading the session called “Create yourfirst TouchCast Today!” from 11am-12pm.  It’s a BYOD / PreRegister session that is completely full right now, but you can always try to stand in line and see if you get in!  It should be a fun albeit crazy session as there are 150 people in one room learning about the basics of making a TouchCast.

Monday afternoon I have my “WSQing your Way to #FlipclassSuccess” session from 4:15-5:15pm.  I presented this at CUE this year, but made a few tweaks and am excited to share again.  One of the things I love about this WSQing session is that it presents a mindset and a framework of things for teachers to consider in order to successfully flip their class.  The WSQ is a specific tool that helps to address the ideas in the framework, but there is so much room for flexibility, teacher modifications, and personalization of the idea.

On Tuesday, I have my “Flip Your Class From Start To Finish” workshop from 8:30-11:30am.  This is a paid workshop, and when I last checked there were just a few spots left.  The plan is to hit upon basically everything you need to start flipping your class (or learn more to find more success if you’ve just started).  We’ll discuss the shifts in a flipped class, mindset, WSQ, etc, but also spend some time on content creation, actually make a short screencast, and address the issue of what to do in class time.  I’m hoping to also discuss communication with parents and administrators, common hurdles, and a few other topics, depending on time.

On Wednesday, I will be a part of the panel for “Many Methods to FlipClass Success” with Ayelet Segal from TouchCast, Brian Jones, and Timonius Downing.  I’m very excited to share with these amazing educators the different ways we have shaped our classes to find success within the flipped learning model.

I have several sessions marked to attend, namely a few on Coaching Strategies and 1:1 tips / tricks / tools.  I’m trying to narrow my focus and not just attend a bunch of random sessions to fill my time, but really choose ones that I can reflect on to implement in my practice.


Will you be at ISTE? I hope to see you there! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...