Sunday, August 12, 2012

3 new intro videos

I think I finally have all my "intro" videos done.  I am going to be modeling for students how to watch a video for learning, how to take guided notes, and how to complete a WSQ.  We will be starting off with videos focusing on important parts of the class.

To see my previous intro videos on the Flipped Classroom in general for students and parents, click here:
Students
Parents (English) and Parents (Spanish Captions)


The ones I've recently completed are:

KIRCH strategies for success (kind of like my class rules/expectations/etc).

I'm still going to do one more edit on this (if I have time) and add some more callouts or graphics to it to make it more engaging. It's not at the top of my to-do list, but I'd like to get it done in the next week if possible.


How to succeed in Mrs. Kirch's Class - from former students



Technology in Kirch's Class (a brief synopsis of the six websites students will need to be familiar with)

The six websites are (in order from the video):
Class Blogspot
Edmodo
ThinkBinder
Google Docs/Forms/Spreadsheets
MentorMob
Student Blogpost




All of the introduction videos and assignments will be organized on this Sophia playlist.
Note; It is very incomplete right now (I don't even think most of the videos are uploaded yet!), but in the next week it will be complete.  Students will be doing WSQs for all the videos as we practice and learn how to succeed in my Flipped Classroom this year.

1 comment:

  1. Looks great, Mrs. Kirch! Hope your year starts off great. You start Aug 20 with students, right? So do I. I am looking forward to trying some new things in my classroom based on things I have learned from you and others in the flipped classroom.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...