Tuesday, April 17, 2012

A day in the life of students creating videos...

Just wanted to share a quick view what my flipped class looks like on a student-created video day.

 You don't need high tech stuff to have students participating in this activity - one iPad, one DocCam, and lots of digital cameras and cell phones.

 This has been a great way to have my students take responsibility for their learning, to assess them in an informal and non-traditional way, and to have students producing content to share with others.

 To see the videos that have been created this year in my Math Analysis class, go to kirchmathanalysis.blogspot.com

p.s. When you have students make their own videos, prepare for a little bit of craziness.  The first round is a little tough (the land of the unknown!), but students quickly get used to it and enjoy it.  I try to emphasize that these are one-take videos and don't have to be perfect (the content should be correct).  One thing I am learning the hard way this chapter is that I assigned too many concepts for them to make videos for... balance is key :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...